Some of these things might seem like a no brainer, but you would be surprised what people do that creates a larger problem. Simply following these steps can prevent data loss or even having to replace your phone.
1. Immediately turn your phone off if it is on.
2. Remove the phone from any case or protective covering.
3. Wipe the phone down with a clean, dry cloth.
4. Use a vacuum with the hose attachment to vacuum any water out of the phone’s ports and sockets.
5. Use a can of compressed air to blow any water out of the phone’s ports and sockets.
6. Place the phone in a dry, safe place and allow it to air dry for 24-48 hours.
7. If the phone does not power on after it has dried, take it to a professional for repairs.
8. If the phone powers on but does not work properly, take it to a professional for repairs. Call us at Express Computer service and we can help resolve any problems that might have been created do to water damage.